I suggest that we explore....

cooperative collection development

There are lots of interesting experiments taking place at various schools; what can we learn from them? And can these be turned into larger scale initiaitives?

64 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    michael.royAdminmichael.roy (Admin, Transinstitutional Opportunities) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joanne A. SchneiderJoanne A. Schneider commented  · 

Cooperative collection building has been the holy grail of collection development librarians for decades. So much about good cd work is locally-driven by the curriculum; otherwise we develop vanilla collections with little nuance. This said, good but laborious work is being done within a number of existing resource sharing consortia that form local communities of practice.

• rhkrdgzinrhkrdgzin commented  · 

As in so many other cases, our best partners may not be colleges, and much will depend on the way we define "collection development." Most of us, one way or another, are already deep into CCD because we rely on other libraries for loans and on e-resource buying consortia; shaping that reliance into ccd will happen best through existing regional networks.

Feedback and Knowledge Base